The students of Grade 11 from both ISC and IB visited the World Bank office at Lodhi Road New Delhi on 18th January ’17.
It was a great opportunity and a very enriching experience for them. In all 81 students attended the session.
The speakers Ms.Rinku Murgai, Ms.Madakini and Mr.Fredriko lead economists with the World Bank kept the students thoroughly engaged and made the session very interactive.
The students were briefed on the following:-
• Role and functioning of the World Bank and IMF.
• How the World Bank views Demonetization in India?
• Role of the World Bank in the global economy, trends for world economy and how it affects India.
• The World Bank Group’s Partnership Strategy for India which will help India lay the foundations for achieving “faster, sustainable, and more inclusive growth”.
• Tackling poverty in India with the support of the world Bank
• How the World Bank Group supports India with financing, advisory services, and knowledge.
The session ended with sumptuous snacks given to students along with mementoes – book marks, posters and newsletters.