This Alumni Board has been set up with the purpose of mobilizing the diverse Alumni Community of TSRS and facilitating constructive and meaningful engagement between the Alumni and the school. The Alumni Board shall play a very important role in steering the Alumni network in the right direction.
The school has invited Alumni to participate in the nomination for the first Alumni Board. After rounds of assessment of the application, the school will have a series of internal meetings after which the Board will be finalized. After the formation of the first Board, the Board will draft a compendium, which will guide the working and selection of future Board members.
The criteria for the Nomination of the Board Members has been as follows:
- The board will have equal representation from all the campuses.
- The board should have equal representation of alumni spread across all batches for the sake of inclusiveness and diversity.
- The board shall have alumni from as many diverse professional backgrounds as possible.
- The board members should be able to give in a minimum number of hours as a commitment to the school by virtue of being a member of the Board.
- The Board member should be well connected to fellow Alumni
- Alumni who have spent at least 5 years at any of The Shri Ram Schools or have graduated Class 12 from any of The Shri Ram Schools are eligible to nominate themselves for the first Alumni Board.
- Adopt the Vision and Mission Statement of the Alumni Office and hold true to its core values of excellence, lifelong relationships, lifelong learning, inclusiveness and diversity.
- Participate actively in strategic and long term planning to promote Alumni awareness, engagement and commitment to the School.
- Enthusiastically communicate the mission and purpose of the Alumni Office to the wider alumni population.
- Define key focus areas of the Alumni Office on a periodic basis.
- Review/Modify the list of events and engagement activities being undertaken by the Alumni Office in each coming quarter.
- Review and ensure accountability for the Alumni Office activities that have taken place and give feedback for the same.
- Encourage highly qualified and diverse prospective students to attend TSRS School.
- Help reach out to the Alumni Community at large.
- Recognize fellow alumni who are distinguished by their loyalty, professional achievement and community and service.
- Support the School through initiating scholarships/fundraising Campaigns and encourage other alumni to do the same.
Areas of Work:
- Alumni Office Operations:
- Data Management
- Communication Channels
- Events & Reunions
- Alumni Engagement & Contribution Programs
- Collaborative Partnerships
- TSRS Alumni Network Membership & Benefits
- Financial Management of the Alumni Office
Composition of the Board
- Director TSRS
- Principals of TSRS
- Alumni Office representative
- 8 Alumni (4 from each campus)
- 2 Alumni based in a foreign country.
- 1 Physical Meeting every month.
- Any need based meeting for events or alumni office projects.
Tenure of Board
- Two Years (24 Months)
Board formation Process
- The official notification for the Alumni Board will be sent out by the Alumni Office. The alumni who are interested to nominate themselves for the Board will be required to send a Letter of Intent.
- What to cover in the Letter of Intent:
- Why do you want to be on the Alumni Board of TSRS
- What value will you add to the Alumni Board
- What is your vision for the TSRS Alumni Network
- How many hours per month are you willing to contribute in the capacity of an Alumni Board member.
- After the letter of intent is received, the letters would be assessed and a telephonic/physical interview would be conducted by the faculty team of the alumni office.
- The final selection of the first Alumni Board would be made on the basis of the parameters defined in the Selection Criteria of this document.
- For any information regarding the Alumni Board, please feel free to write to us.
“Interested alumni are requested to send in their letter of intent by 26th February 2016 at email@example.com”